I suspect elder neglect or nursing home abuse. What should I do?

Rarely will a nursing home call to tell you that they’ve hurt or neglected your loved one.
It is up to the family members to expose the patient neglect and stop the cycle of abuse.
Immediately seek medical attention.
If you believe your loved one is hurt, immediately take them to the hospital or call 9-1-1. Getting your loved one medical attention is of the utmost importance. Let the doctors know why and how you believe your loved one was wrongfully injured.
Photograph the Injuries.
A picture is worth 1,000 words. Records inevitably get changed. Witnesses forget what they saw. If you see evidence exposing patient abuse, take clear photographs. Some examples may include pictures of a bedsore developing, dirty sheets, a sleeping nurse, a slippery floor, or an unanswered call light. If you can, document the scene and the injury with lots of photographs. Your photographs could be critical to help establish and prove your case.
Speak with Haberman Law who can gather your loved one’s medical records.
Elder neglect is devastating. You can do something about it. Send a message that this kind of wrongdoing must not happen again.
Let the PA Nursing Home Lawyers at Haberman Law help.
Nursing homes today are big businesses. These national corporate nursing home and hospital chains will hire top tier law firms to defend them in court. Make sure you have a strong ally in your corner, capable of fighting for the justice you and your family deserve.

What constitutes neglect in a nursing home?

Neglect in a nursing home setting could be any refusal or failure to provide food, water, clothing, shelter, personal cleanliness, medicine, comfort, personal safety, or any other needs included in an implied or agreed-upon responsibility to a resident. Any failure to provide free from harm and pain to a person when it comes to the nursing home's care & services could constitute as neglect.

Can I sue a care home/nursing home for neglect?

Haberman Law may be able to help you claim compensation if you have received negligent care that has caused an injury and/or illness you would not otherwise have suffered, due to neglect. If the victim is unable to act for themselves legally, you can also raise a claim on behalf of them.

I'm not sure if I have a nursing home abuse case. What should I do?

Call Haberman Law for a free consultation at 215-240-7771.

Schedule your complimentary case evaluation.
*Required fields
Schedule Your Complimentary Case Evaluation

Haberman Law is dedicated to representing the rights of victims of nursing home abuse and neglect.

Many of us turn to nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and group homes to provide care for our elderly loved ones.

If you suspect that a loved one was the victim of abuse or neglect in a nursing home, assisted living facility, or group home, contact us.

Call us for a free consultation:

© PA Nursing Home Lawyers By Len Haberman, Esq. All Rights Reserved